Monday, March 28, 2016

IRELAND

So by the title you may assume that either; I really like Ireland, or maybe that I am going to Ireland. And it is safe to say, I am going to Ireland! So for this blog post I am going to write about how I super exited about going to Ireland, what I will be doing there, and why I am going to Ireland.

Lets start off with saying that my choir at school goes on a trip once ever three years, and 2016 is the year for a trip. My amazing choir teacher chose to go to Ireland, and I could not be happier with this! So we are leaving in 6 days (I am writing this on Monday, and we are leaving on Saturday.) We will be flying out of Michigan at 3ish I think, and then we will be arriving on Sunday sometime in the morning (Ireland time.) Since there is a 5 hour time change, and they are going to be five hours ahead of us, my sleep schedule will be very off when I get there and when I return. So yes, I am going to Ireland with my choir, and we will be singing and having a BLAST!

What will be doing in Ireland? Well duh the obvious and that is singing. Though we will also be going and visiting castles and museums! And on our free days, the days we are not singing in cathedrals, we get to go visit either the city life or the country side of Ireland. I am leaning toward the county side, and also the coast of Ireland, because I am not that much of a city girl. I am also really exited to just be able to walk around and go on exiting adventures with my best friends.

Though the one down side of this trip is that there are two groups on the planes. Meaning there are going to be two different flights/routes getting into Ireland. And the group that I am in flies back into Michigan at 1 in the morning on Sunday. And also some of my friends are not in my group, but that is okay because I will be getting to spend like 8 days with them all. But really I do not really care about the travel stuff, because I am so thankful for this amazing opportunity to go to Ireland.

The next time I write to guys I will be back from my vacation, and will be sharing pictures and my experiences in the great Ireland.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun Jessica! I wish I could've gone on the trip so bad. Are you looking forward to singing or exploring the country more? I've seen Ireland on travel shows before and the natural beauty of the country is so beautiful. I also am not that much of a city girl and I can't wait to see the pictures you'll post of the beautiful green spaces and the ocean. Good luck with your sleep schedule and I hope you have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool Jessica! Thanks for sharing, I've always wanted to go to Ireland, it seems like such an amazing place. That is so cool that you get to sing in Cathedrals, this sounds like a once in a lifetime expierence. Has Ireland always been a place you wanted to go? Good luck with your sleep schedule, that seems like it will be hard with school the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going on a trip like this sounds awesome! I kind of wish I could have gone on this trip. I really am happy with the mission trip I went on though. Have you lived in the country before? I lived in the country most of my life. I love it. Maybe on the flight you can sleep and listen to music, so it goes by fast and you will be with your friends. Do you think that this trip will strengthen your musical talent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jess,
    I know that you've already gotten back from the trip by this point, but it was great to read about your excitement as you were preparing for the trip! I know Claire had a lot of fun on the trip, and she enjoyed going to all of the cool places and spending time with her friends too. What was your favorite part? Would you consider going again if you had the chance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. JESSSSSS I'm so happy you had a wonderful time In Ireland (sorry this is 100000 days late), but as happy as it makes me that you had a good time, I'm happier that you're back now! It is on my bucket list to go to Ireland and I would love to see all the pictures you took, so I may live vicariously through you! Out of everything regarding Ireland I would to love to know was the food good?

    ReplyDelete